Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Welcomed Demise of Mike...

Ok, so after Sunday, I'd been getting little subtle sly remarks from Mike via text "you acting brand new"..."I must not have left a good impression on you"..."just checking on my homegirl"...etc...he'd been hittin me up daily like clock work...which was starting to really work my nerves...so yesterday Mike calls around 7ish..he just wanted to say "hi"...I'm like...OK...then he calls again around 10ish...by this time, I was unavailable, so I didn't pick up....so this morning I shoot him a text and say "hey, I saw you called again last night, what's up"...so he says "who is this, I lost my contacts"...I say "Name"...he says "hey, you're a nice young lady and everything, but I don't feel like there's anymore chemistry between us and that's cool, best wishes and take care"....my response "I agree...you take care as well"!

Now, while I'm not feeling Mike, I do appreciate him recognizing that we weren't connecting and making that call...more times than not, I have to be the bad person, so I must admit that if felt good to not have that responsibility....so who's left...

Antwone...and a couple of stragglers that I've not yet mentioned here...maybe at a later date....Antwone is to the point where he wants to take me out to dinner, lunch, breakfast, anything...here's my dilemma...I don't mind hanging out with him, but I'd like for him to know up front that I don't have an interest in dating him...how do you tell someone that without being rude??? You're probably wondering why I'd even want to hang out with him...well, I think it's nice to have folks around that you aren't interested in like that, as long as they know the deal...I'd be adding to my male friends repertoire...but again, how do I express this without being rude...help??!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment