Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Happy To Be Here...Eager To Offend

Wow! What an introduction. Let me start off by thanking the beautiful and talented creator of this blog, Omniscient. I appreciate her willingness to reach out and I hope I live up to her expectations here.

I am a 30-something, single professional male residing in ATL. Trust me when I tell you, it is not all it is cracked up to be. I make the most of it and I enjoy what I do. I hope to share more about me and my life (dating, partying, travels,etc.) as the journey continues. My goal as guest blogger is to put out what I think are interesting discussions and hopefully piss some people off. I mean really, a good blog needs some controversy...right?

So, with that being said...let's get to it!

According to TMZ, rapper Nas and singer Kelis are now officially divorced (that's right fellas, she can now be BOSSY with you too...for the right price)! At the divorce hearing, the judge ordered Nas to immediately dish out $47,249.42 in back child support and $40,454 in back spousal support. The judge also ordered him to pay $10K a month in spousal support until he pays off almost $300K he owes Kelis in back shild/spousal support. Nas also has to pay 90% of her legal fees in the amount of $155,787.28 and $48,549.83 to cover Kelis' acoounting expenses.

In the words of my girl Necole B., "I don't have to pull out my calculator to see that $47,249.42 + $40,454 + $300,000 + $155,787.28 + $48,549.83 = A LOT OF DAMN MONEY!!"

Now, I am all about taking care of the kids...I mean, that's your seed so you have to provide for his/her future. But DAMN, spousal support?!? It is not like Kelis does not have a job or a skill set...she is a talented, able bodied musician herself. Does she really need that much money in spousal support? I know her MILKSHAKE brings all the boys to the yard, but damn, for that price I'll stick to the strawberry/kiwi slushies at Sonics.

Brothers, watch out for this new attack. Not only do you have to 'wrap it up,' but you better make sure that she is degreed and working in her field with her OWN money....or at least have an iron-clad PRE-NUP. Guess who's singing I HATE YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW today?

What say you? How much money is too much?

8 comments:

  1. Mr. Negativity...thanks for the compliments and I am looking forward to writing with you and helping you piss some folks off!...now, on the subject at hand...Kelis is asking for all that money because she is bitter, not because she needs it or even wants it...she wants to hurt his pockets the way he hurt her heart..the fact that she itemized everything instead of asking for just a cool $7 mil or something shows that she's being petty and she wants him to know that...quite frankly, I don't think Nas OR Kelis has much money anyway...unless they've got some side hussles I don't know about...now, I'll throw another question in the mix...should common folk be thinking about pre-nups...you know, thousandaires???

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I think you have a point about the lack of ACTUAL money involved with these two...I mean we not talking Jay-Z and Beyonce here. Yet, I still have to wonder about your comment regarding her being bitter. So she is justified as a BITTER women to go at his pockets like that? If so, how BITTER we talkin? Did I cheat on you with some random chick or did I sleep with your mom in our bed? I'm just asking? Seems like Nas must have done the latter to send her down this path if it is just about being BITTER. Remember that Chante Moore song BITTER? Great line in the song: 'I hate your dog.' Damn, R. Kelly said it best, 'One man can make one woman hate all men.'

    On your question about pre-nups, I think all folks should think about pre-nups. maybe not for financial sake (I mean half of a thousand is $500), but more like a contract for the dissolution of marriage. Let's face facts here, over half of marriages are ending in divorce. Better to lay out the terms upfront than face the damn judge that Nas just faced. Talk about screwed with no Vaseline...OUCH.

    What say you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't say that her bitterness justifies her request, I was simply giving a reason as to why she's doing it...I'm unsure of why they split, but based on her actions, I'm guessing she's not the one that wanted the divorce...remember, she was preggers during all this, so I seriously doubt if it was on her...I could be wrong...and the way men mess it up for women is when women don't forgive the men that have hurt them, because they can't move on without it...that's another topic..lol

    Ok..pre-nup..that's if-y..why, because if I'm about to marry someone and they ask me to sign a pre-nup, I'm automatically thinking that have doubts about our marriage, on the other hand, I do see how folks get screwed in the end..hmm...I think I have split views on that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good points...and I can't wait to have the discussion on women (and men) who bring baggage into their new situation....going to love to hear your thoughts on that one!

    Pre-nups definitely make one of the parties feel 'some way,' but this is 2010 and reality is real. Not saying everybody absolutely needs one. Given the state of celebrity news lately (Nas, Tiger Woods, etc.), there are definitely some brothers that do!

    I would like to think that when I get married, my wife and I will be in it to win it. I would like to think that we could walk down the aisle for the first and last time. That said, I would hope to avoid a nasty, testy legal battle if divorce is in our future. Again, not talkin major money here, but at least a discussion on how we splitting the house, car, dog...and that's even before we bring kids into the equation! Not popular to say, but I have to say it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The baggage convo will be GREAT...even if it's just between us..lol...(like this one)...anywho...I think if it wasn't called a "pre-nup" for the the division of assets, it wouldn't have such a negative content...that word is just ugly..lol...if my hubby said, "babe, let's put together something to protect ourselves in the event this doesn't work out"..I'd probably be like, cool...I know it's the same thing, but it sounds better that way...maybe..lol...btw..I want you to speak freely, even on the not-so politically correct stuff...I'm sure you saw my weight factor post..that was a rough one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving Mr. Negativity....you betta preach brother. The only comment I have is that apparently her milk shake did bring all the boys, including Nas to the yard...And by the looks of the settlement it was better than his... : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't believe in pre-nups...I believe in using common sense and logic when dating. MOST men know when they're boo's have gold digger potential. However, when you behave in a manner that is counter to the vows you commit with someone you can bring out the ugly in ANYONE male or female. Unfortunately, it seems like women have the upper hand.

    I DO however believe Kelis is out of her damn mind. There is a difference between needing to take care of your seed and living at the same "standard" you were before. That was a perk of being married, you ain't married anymore. Make another milk shake and bring some more boys to the yard...preferably with deep pockets.

    In Tiger's case, he married a nanny...and they have more than one child. I think 750 mil is too much as well...but AGAIN you act like a straight hoe and embarrass your family, you deal with the consequences.

    Just my opinion...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know pre-nup is a dirty word, but it is necessary. And I agree with Mr. Negativity that everyday non-celebrities may need to look into having them. Half of a thousand is 500. And as a Thousandaire, I know if I have to give that 500 I will be dining on beanie weenies and crackers. That might not be a bad diet for losing weight (I might actually try it, being I need to drop a few pounds), I am not trying to go out like that.

    I know everyone wants their life and marriage to be a fairy tale but the reality is some people just don't make it, regardless of how much they love each other. So fellas, avoid sleeping in a cardboard box while you pay for her a love nest with Jody, get a pre-nup.

    -Travis

    ReplyDelete