Sunday, May 9, 2010

2 of 3...Mike - The 39yo, Father of 2...

Mike

I met Mike at a day party on the patio...he was staring at me, making silly faces and I'm like what, can I help you...lol...being funny, not mean...he starts moving his lips and I say, I can't understand you, so I get up and go sit next to him...we go through the normal: name, where you from, what you do, blah, blah, blah...Mike is 6'3, prolly 200lbs (at most), chocolate, clean shaven, nice shades, decent fit..decent teeth..I learn that Mike has 2 children, he's 39, used to be in the Airforce, and he's never been married...Mike tells me how pretty I am and says, I'm gonna give you my number so you can call me...I really should've got up at that time, but instead I say, I'm not gonna call you, but you can call me...so I give him my number, he does the same thing (calls to make sure it's the right number)...he says, if I don't call you tonight, call me, I say nope, if you want to talk to me, you'll call...and I walk off.

Mike calls everyday, around the same time and sends a text every morning. So, he's not calling too much....that's not my issue with Mike...my issue with Mike is that every other word is baby this, baby that (mind you, I've known Mike for a week, today)...I feel like he don't know me like that to be "baby-ing" me...but then I think...maybe that's just the way he talks...we have decent conversation...we talk about life, never talk too long, so here comes the weekend and Mike wants to see me....this is where it goes downhill for him...

Thursday Mike says to me...I'd like to see you this weekend, I'm like, that's cool, what did you have in mind...he says, what's your availability...so I tell him that I'm free Saturday before 5 and Sunday after 12...he says, "oh, I get the friendship hours"....WTH...Mike is not headed in the right direction with me....some folks would die for this time and you complaining, so anyway, I ask him what hours would he prefer, he's on this whole, nevermind, it's cool, I'll take the "friendship" hours....I'm like whatever, but I must admit, I'm a little agged....so Friday comes along and this fool asks me again as if my answer would change...so he says, I guess we can do lunch or somethin, but he says it in a negative tone...I mean damn, what's wrong with lunch for a first date???!!....so, I address his attitude about his time slot....lol, ok now that was funny....and he says, I don't like having any time contraints....ummm...Mike, I've known you less than a WEEK, seriously, you givin me rules and shit...naw, not cool....so we agree on lunch....

It's Saturday morning and Mike calls for our lunch date....he asks me what time, I say noon, he says cool...Mike calls back and says, aaww, my sister has my truck and she won't be back by noon...I say, well that's fine....thinking to myself, surely this isn't his way of asking me to pick him up or to come chill at his crib....lol....I'm prepared to go on about the rest of my day...Mike calls back again..hits me with this whole, I really miss you (really Mike, it's not even been a week), I really want to see you, blah, blah, blah...so he says, let's meet downtown...I'm like cool....I meet Mike downtown at The House of Blues...he takes the train down there because he wanted to keep his word....he gets a couple of points for that, however, why the hell would you let someone borrow your vehicle if you have plans...hmmm....anywho...lunch was cool...conversation was cool...he was still on this whole baby this, baby that....which was really starting to bother me....over lunch, I learn that Mike has 3 siblings, he's the youngest, his parents are deceased...father died of cancer, mother was accidentally shot by her father when Mike was 3, so he was raised by his father and step-mother (who he strongly dislikes)....his story is touching, but I'm not really feeling a vibe with Mike...he's cool and that's about it...we finish lunch, he walks me out to my car...asks for a kiss....ummm...I give him a g-ma peck...LMAO...he didn't like that...and then I go on about my day....

That's all about Mike for now....you'll hear his name again when I discuss this 3rd dude....

2 comments:

  1. Mike is pretty forward...I suppose he's not appropriately aggressive, more inappropriately aggressive. Welcome to the big city boo!!! Can't wait to visit so I can guest blog on my observations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I don't know what Mike's deal is...thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete