Sunday, May 9, 2010

Question of the Month: "Damn Gurl, Why You Sinlge".....

So, I've been here in Dallas for about a month and I continuously get asked why I'm single....I started to write, "the answer is simple", but truth be told, it's really not...I'm quite complicated. Before I moved, I told myself that I was going to internally change my relationship thought process, that I would start being honest with myself about the things that I want, don't want, like, don't like, etc. In doing that, I've had to be mean to folks, hurt self-esteems, and break hearts, which contrary to popular belief, is something I really hate doing. But, at the end of the day, my happiness will probably out-weigh someones that hasn't had a major impact in my life.

What makes me complicated?....well, when it comes to letting people in my life (men and women), I'm pretty selective. There was a day when I'd give anyone a shot, but I've been burned too many time to continue that practice, so, if I pick up a bad vibe during the first interaction, I probably won't go back for seconds.

What I look for in men?....lol...this is a funny question that I ask myself...ok, I'll take a stab at it....I like a man that is appropriately aggressive, confident, not cocky, ambitious, secure in who he is, a Christian, loves his family, respectful, attractive (in my eyes), takes an interest in his appearance, one that exudes positive energy, a lover of music, one that is social to some degree (not necessarily as much as I am), one that can wear many hats (attend a corporate function, go to a hole-in-the-wall in the hood, knows which fork to use at a pre-set table, puts hot sauce on his catfish, listens to: Tupac, Gucci Mane, Nora Jones), one with a natural sense of humor (no "knock-knock" jokes...not funny!), one that looks at me as more than a piece of meat that he can't wait to bite in to, one that allows things to move naturally and can read me...ok, there's plenty more, but I'll leave it at that...my next blog will discuss the 3 men that I've met in the last month.

No comments:

Post a Comment