Sunday, May 16, 2010

Antwone - The New Addition or Not.....

Ok peeps....I've now been here 4wks and have met 4 guys...not intentionally, however...Antwone is the Assistant Manager at my local grocery store.....here's the story of Antwone...

I go on my first grocery shopping trip and notice Antwone...he's cute, probably about my height, nice smile, light-skinned and continuously asked me if I needed help finding anything in the store...I wasn't really in the mood to make small talk, but I wasn't blind...lol...so my second trip in the store..I'm in there to pick up cards and Antwone almost runs me over wheeling groceries out of the backroom...lol...he looks at me and says "you gone help me with this"...I say "ummm, no, do I look like I lift that kind of stuff"...lol...you know I had to be a smart ass...who would I be if I wasn't....so this particular day, I'm in the mood for small talk, so I tell him that I'm disappointed that the store doesn't sell wine, he tells me that I can vote for it in the near future...I leave...

Ok, I go BACK to the grocery store the very next day, this time, I needed groceries...lol...ok, maybe I had a dual purpose...before I go to the store, I call store to see if Antwone was working that night...lol...nice move huh...so of course I knew he'd be there...so I traipse on in the store and pick up the things that I need, however, I don't see Antowne...so I take one more lap around the store and then give up...maybe some other day...when I get to the register, the man at the checkout was making conversation with me...not "that" kind of conversation, just general convo, so I ask him what manager was on duty...he says a name that's unfamiliar to me, so I say hmm....that's not who I was looking for, I continue to tell him that there was a gentleman who was working the night before and I just wanted to say hey...so the clerk says, "oh, Mr. Jones, want me to call him for you"...so I'm like, sure, I'll just say hey since I'm here...so silly me, I'm thinking that when he picks up the phone, he's calling the back or something for Mr. Jones...ummmm...NO...this fool gets on the intercom, yes, intercom and says "Mr. Jones, customer assistance on register 3, Mr. Jones, customer assistance on register 3"...needless to say, I was quite embarrassed...lol...oh well, so here comes Mr. Jones...he walks toward me smiling and shakes my hand...

So I say, hey, it's good to see you, he says "it's GREAT to see you"....I'm like hmm..."great"..alrighty...lol...so we walk outside and I play the whole, I'm new to the city, what is there to do around here card...LOL...I'll be using that for at least a year....he says that he doesn't go out much because he works in the evenings, but would give me a call when he hears about something, I'm like cool, sounds good...so about an hour later, he texts me so that I have his number...we do a 1 or 2 text chat, nothing interesting...ok, so he finds me on facebook, I accept him...he looks through my pics, after doing such, he lets me know that I have an attractive family, that we seem close from the pics, he notices that my dad is a twin and comments on that, he also says that I appear to have a lot of fun and that I'm full of life...so, I think Antwone is observant and has taken an interest in learning more about me prior to us having a conversation....ok, so now comes the time when I drill him about his stats...so he's 32/33, single, has worked at his current job for 6+ yrs, he's born & raised in Dallas, just got out of a FIFTEEN year relationship 6 moths ago...you thought that was the shocker right, ok, well here's another....are you ready for this??...are you sure??....he's a father of....FOUR....dayum...really, can I seriously involve myself with a man that has FOUR kids??....seriously...ranging from 14 yrs old to 3...umm....ummm....ummm....FOUR....I mean, I'd hate to just throw the brother to the side, but FOUR...DAYUM....that is all....I just don't know what to say about this....any thoughts??!!

6 comments:

  1. On to the next one...4 kids is just too many for a 28 year old woman to even consider.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Girl ur the best!!! I could read these all day!!!!

    Poor Antwone. I hate to say it but I agree with Ebony....way to many kids for a single woman, no children, wanting to settle down and have kid(s) of her own....Unfortunately most of the time, with those kids comes drama....and jail time aint worth a negro and all his damn kids!

    Find another grocery store!!!!

    P.S. I am so about to find Antwone on yo' friends list...LOLOLOL....Im nosy!!! LOLOLOL....girl this was to funny!!!

    Quantina

    ReplyDelete
  3. RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

    -Travis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candice AKA Mommy Dearest

    jps

    ReplyDelete
  5. Q...I don't use their real names...lol..you can't find him girl!

    ReplyDelete