Monday, June 21, 2010

Raymond....The Highway Man...

Hello all....I know it's been a while since I've had anything to write about, not that what I have now is very interesting...but, it could be at some point, possibly...ok, so here we go:

I'm driving home from work today and while on the highway, I notice a car slowing down next to me...at first, I don't pay it any mind, but I notice through my peripheral that this car is trying to pace my speed...so I look over and notice it's man...he's driving an Infiniti SUV and through the tint, I can tell that he's darker than my liking....so, he motioning to me trying to tell me that I'm pretty...while I think that's nice and all..I'm thinking, we're on the interstate fool...so I speed up and signal for him to follow me off the next exit, I mean seriously...I'm not tryin to die...

So, we pull into the shell gas station, he gets out and off the bat, I notice a few things, he's tall, dark (as I suspected), slender build, blue-collar worker (I could tell from his hands), white teeth, and probably had at least one kid....so, the first thing he says to me is "what are you doing for the next 60yrs"...so I chuckle very loudly...I'm not really feelin this line, but hey, it wasn't too bad...he then goes on to tell me how beautiful I am and that he just had to get my attention...again, I'm looking at him and thinkin, he's so not my type, BUT, he's well spoken, very polite/respectful, seems really nice...so, I continue the conversation....he goes on to ask me if I'm married...I say no...and then he says, "can we talk"...so I say, "umm...not in this damn heat"...we laugh and he asks for my number....my initial thought is, I haven't had anyone to write about in a while, so I'll entertain him...

About 2hrs later, he calls...I must admit, I was expecting his call sooner than 2hrs...so, we chat and he's still very respectful, seems very nice in nature...his stats:

36yrs old, 2 kids (one he just found out when she was 16, which was 4yrs ago), has a roommate (I'll explain his explanation in a minute), he diagnoses air conditioning problems for a living, would like to write a book about his childhood and life experiences....ok, more details...

The 20yr old daughter....he kept mentioning that he was dealing with something that wouldn't be complete until April of 2011...my initial thoughts are that he's been in trouble with the law....the reason behind him living with a friend is because he found out about a daughter 4yrs ago, who is now 20...he's not been a part of her life, but her mother took him to court and demanded back child support...so, in Jan, in addition to his regular child support payments, he also had to pay back child support....so he's now paying about $800/mnth in support...but he will be done with the support in April of next year...now, that's a lot for a first conversation right...yes, but once he told me that there was "something" that he was "dealing" with, I inquired more about it...he was actually embarrassed to tell me, but I told him that ish happens...he said he didn't want to tell me about the child support thing so soon because he didn't want me to think that he wouldn't be able to take me out, etc., although, that's what I'm thinkin, but hey...I'm not gon be in his pockets at this point...btw...I'm thinkin that the SUV isn't his, so stay tuned on that...

So, we had a decent conversation, he wants to take me to the park to fly a kite..lol...because he wants to learn so he can do it with his son (3yrs old)...he was in an 8yr relationship with the mother who lives about an hour and a half away....the verdict as of now...he seems like a nice guy, who's had a challenging life, but appears to be humbled by his experiences....

I'm not counting him out, although, he's not my taste...I've been told that I'm not "open", so, I'm taking this opportunity to be open...stay tuned!

SN: He asks me if I pledged in college, I tell him that I pledged Delta..he says that he vowed to never date a Delta because they are assholes by nature...I cracked UP...so further in the conversation he asks me.."did you think about me at all, even just a little bit, between that time we drove off until I called"....so I say, "yes"...I paused...and then said "briefly"...his response "you damn Deltas"....LMAO....just had to share that...I thought that was a funny interaction...ok...now, stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. This dude just got all kinds of stuff going on.

    ReplyDelete