Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Get Your House In Order

Now I want to address something near and dear to my heart....I just want to understand how can we expect to find the perfect mate and put all of these restrictions or expectations on them, but we wouldn't abide by the same thing.

So, some of you are saying, well because I me. And of course you are sugah....We wouldn't want you to be anyone else....and if you tried, it would be likely a disaster or foolish.

If you happen to be one of the people out there that says, I want a person with 20 things, but you don't even have 10 of the things on this list. Rethink your approach.

Now, I have done some foolishness or "the Most" to some people. I blame it on the indecisiveness...One minute I felt A, the next hour it was B. I am true to myself people, at least at that moment. But having double standards is never appropriate or cute!

It might be fun to know you can manipulate someone's mind or actions for a moment. But in the long run, you can save yourself a whole lot of drama and heartache. Before you give someone your laundry list, make sure your house is in order.

Don't say you want to be with somebody, but you still out there in those streets. You might want to preface that with, if I was ready, I would want to be with you. I know, I know, I know...easier said than done. And if you are ready to come in before dusk or dawn for some of ya'll and be committed to one person and give them all that you expect and desire and more...then your house may be in order.

But if you out here on the playground and not ready for recess to end...just continue to play. Just hope that one day you are not out there playing by yourself. Unless you don't like people or like to play by yourself....you won't enjoy it in the long run.

Don't let the decisions you make for today impact your opportunity in the future!

This is for me too! I am still a work in progress, but knowing that is a start. Some of you don't even know that...

okay, okay, I'm done. Be blessed.

7 comments:

  1. Some of yall are out there playing games because you can "take care of yourself" or you "don't need nobody." We will see when you are a little older sitting at home by yourself with all those damn cats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...as I read this, I think of my many friends that have played the field, left some folks behind, only to end up with someone that they really didn't want....I agree with our anonymous reader...be careful in this game, because you may end up alone, even if you're with someone...you could be mentally/emotionally alone.

    Being true to yourself in that "moment" is questionable in my opinion...leads me to believe that you have some uncertainity in what you want overall or you're just not ready to face it...either way, I'd tell you and/or whoever else is dwelling in this playground, to be cautious...it's a dangerous game and while it seems fun and entertaining today, it won't be when you wake up and you're 40, alone, with cats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies, the older you get (mid 30's to 40) and more successful you come, the less likely you are to find a man.

    So while you are playing games with these men who adore you and want to love you but fall short of one or two of your requirements at the present moment, as time passes by his stock is rising and yours is falling. As you may have options now, the clock is ticking. Sad but true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now hold on anonymous...you men (I'm assuming you're a man based on your comment), also show us that you're not ready for a real committment either...I think both genders are guilty, however, I do agree that ya'll stock rises, especially if there's gainful employment, no kids and no wife...in this posting, I don't believe it's about requirements, I think it's more about folks not being ready to settle down and because of that, they may potentially miss out...now, the Word says what God has for us is for us, however, we also have free will and that free will is what causes us to end up with cats...LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed the post, gave me something to think about as I head to the playground :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good post...Lyfe Jennings said it best, "Don't be a nickel out here looking for a dime."

    That applies to a lot of things in life. We are supposed to be EQUALLY yoked. We're not supposed to expect these monumental things from our mates or friends, that we are unable to or unwilling to meet ourselves.

    That's selfish, and no one wants a selfish lover or friend.

    CHUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see that this post has caused some to share some knowledge with our followers. The point of the post was to say, if you know....IF being the operative word, what you want in the end. What are you doing to work towards that today? Understanding you might not be 100% today, but each day you should be working towards that goal. This foolishness some of us having going on is ridiculous.

    And my counterpoint to omniscient on being in the moment, I agree to a certain extent. I think that if we really were focused on the goal at hand, we wouldn't make decisions in the moment My point is, if you are making a decision to be indecisive, you are being decisive.

    It's a phrase my cousin asked me, she said, Have you decided on a boo yet? Or are you still officially unofficial.

    I have taken that a step further and defined officially unofficial as:
    when you are indecisive about a particular thing, a realtionship,etc. But u have decided to remain indecisive or consciously make a decision not to make a decision.

    ReplyDelete