Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"The Friend Zone"....

First, let me say that I've missed you guys..I've been sooooooo busy with work, the new city, etc., but I'm slowly, but surely, finding my bearings!...ok, so today, I'd like to discuss "the friend zone"...so, girl meets boy, girl and boy hang, conversate, etc., girl and boy may (or may not) have a mutual attraction, but ONE of them does...so what do you do???

This is always a touchy topic, mainly because you don't want to "ruin" the friendship right, BUT, this is not one of your life-long friends, this is a new friend that you obviously found interesting in some way or you wouldn't have formed the friendship right?...are we really making new friends of the opposite sex at this stage in life or do we befriend people that we may have some level of attraction to and then at some point we throw them into "the friend zone"?!?!

So what happens when you enter "the friend zone"??...well, you begin to discuss dating, sex, feelings about other people, etc., and until that ONE person that caught feelings has allowed those feelings to pass, there's some level of discomfort when these conversations take place, but on the flip side, the comfort level increases and then the OTHER person realizes, damn, I'm kinda feelin this chick/dude, but it's too late because they've placed you in "the friend zone".

A dear friend of mine introduced this phrase to me several years ago, why, because he'd just entered "the friend zone" with me...LOL...from then on, I've tried to keep my relationships at certain levels, putting friends in their place, possi-boos (new term) in their place, and definite interests in theirs.....the key here is to know yourself and be honest with those around you to make sure everyone is on the same page!

1 comment:

  1. Possi-boos sounds like it could have been a Destiny's Child song back in the day.

    ReplyDelete